Wednesday, January 19, 2011

trying my hand at cooking;

It's no secret that I've loved the Korean food, kimbap, since I first tasted it (ugh, it was so good).  And after I moved away from the only source of kimbap I had (which was my two Korean friends' moms, :P), I had no choice but to try and make it on my own! Okay, so maybe it took me a while to finally get the ball rolling on making it, but hey, better late than never, right? So I've been scurrying around trying to find the ingredients (American grocery stores' have horrible international sections), I finally had everything I needed! I made a pretty basic version of kimbap - ham, cucumber, egg, carrot, and pickled radish (odeng).  It actually turned out better than I expected, although the only thing that bothered me is the smell of the seaweed, :/  For a dish with no seafood in it, it smelled horribly fishy.  I'm not sure if it's because of the brand of seaweed I got, or if there's some sort of preparation I missed.  Anyways, with practice, I'm hoping I can fix that little problem, and I'll become a kimbap master! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment