Sunday, January 2, 2011

Caving In

Alright, alright.  I know I said I don't do New Year's Resolutions because I am shit at keeping them, but I actually thought of a good one! My New Year's Resolution 2011 is to be healthier and take better care of my body!  There's a couple reasons that I chose this resolution.  Lately, I've been extremely inactive, and I don't think I've done anything physically demanding since tennis season in my senior year in high school... I've been lucky enough to have a semi-decent metabolism that processes all the junk and no exercise efficiently, but I know I can't depend on that forever.  Also, I took a Gerontology class (the multi-aspect study of aging) this past semester, which sort of scared me into being healthier so I can avoid as many health problems and diseases on the road ahead!  Lastly, I read a Swedish blog by the ever-lovely Kenza who has inspired me to be healthier!  She has a beautiful, healthy body and is proud of it, and I'd like to attain that level of confidence!  
Because I am so impossibly lazy and constantly wait for the last minute on everything, I think I'm going to need to put a game-plan in order so I have something to look to for reference.  More on that later.
So here's to 2011, the year I'll get in shape and get healthy (I say this as I eat chocolate ice-cream.  Obviously, I need to get working on this goal)!
 super old photos of me in 2008, in the ugliest of tennis uniforms on the planet.  I look like a tomato.  But hey, check out my socks and supremely nerdtastic smile?

No comments:

Post a Comment